Domain7 has developed Civil Space as commercialized technology, having officially launched at the start of 2019.
Civil Space is a virtual engagement tool that helps build more accessible and inclusive relationships between government organizations and their communities. The Civil Space team includes full-stack developers, visual designers, user experience designers, engagement strategists, content strategists, and product owners.
As a Technical Support and Training intern, you will be working in close collaboration with our product and technical teams to onboard and train new clients, identify, analyze and document system performance and codebase issues, and support and help resolve as well as contribute to long-term future and improvements to Civil Space by sharing your insights and learnings from our customers.
- Customer Onboarding and Training. You will help support our clients to ensure they’re enjoying their experience with Civil Space and become long-term fans of our product. You will set up environments for projects for clients in Civil Space, train new clients in software capabilities to help them onboard and provide additional resources and solutions as needed. You will develop client support materials based on insights and learnings from your interactions with customers.
- Technical Support. You will monitor error reporting, performance alerts and helpdesk inboxes and be responsible for responding to helpdesk tickets via email and/or phone. In collaboration with product development and others on the team, you will be responsible for the resolution of support tickets and issues for clients to ensure they are supported.
- Technical Analysis. You will test, review, and identify the source/challenge behind issues and bugs taking place within the system. You will document the reasons behind an issue as well as how the product team can resolve it.
- Recommend Product Improvements. You will prepare bug reports for the product team to share and clearly articulate the difficulties our clients are having. You will recommend new features, fixes or changes to the product team to improve customer experience.
- Knowledge of and previous experience using web-based systems, such as Google Docs/Sheets/Presentations, HelpScout, Harvest, GitLab and others
- Familiar with web development concepts like HTML, databases, API, server-side and client-side code, asynchronous requests
- Experience with developer tools/inspector in a browser
- Knowledge of troubleshooting / bisecting issues with websites to isolate an issue/document reproduction steps
- Presentation skills and ability to train users on a system they've never used before
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize competing demands
- Effective communication skills (written and oral) and ability to address customers concerns; communicate in a clear and supportive manner; empathetic listening for clients;
- Inquisitive, striving to learn, research and explore to answers questions
Introduce yourself to us! Tell us about your education, work experience, skills and interests that you think make you a great fit for this role.