Domain7 is a digital product and services agency with a vision of making a more empathetic and connected world. Working closely with clients who share collaborative values and a big-picture vision, Domain7 delivers digital overhauls, originals, and optimizations to digital presences, products, and systems.
As Domain7’s Junior Writer, your job is to turn engagement strategy and pitch angles into compelling copy that drives the acquisition of new business. You’re a strong writer, an independent thinker, and even a little bit of a shark. Deadlines drive you, precision guides you, and a desire to learn, interpret, and shape your voice through textual practice keeps you engaged and excited.
In developing writing materials to support sales, pitches, and advocacy, you will be deploying a range of voices and writing styles to represent technical operations, design philosophies, and interpersonal rhetoric. Your writing will be supported by your in-depth research skills and tactical evaluations.
As part of the growing Growth & Engagement team, you’ll report to the Director of Growth and participate in business development activities across the agency. We are hiring two Junior Writers, with the expectation that you onboard and work closely together within the Growth team.
As a Junior role, this position is ideal for an individual looking to grow into agency culture and practice, enhance their abilities to produce targeted writing and research, and engage in the sales cycle of digital services, design, and product development.
- Developing body content for proposals: write concise, persuasive copy under the direction of the Senior Writer + Strategist, and deploy curated materials for appropriate situations.
- Performing dedicated research to support proposals, pitches, and case studies: researching client histories, previous projects, and field-specific trends in design, systems, development, and engagement.
- Developing longform copy to support external outreach: write brochures, case studies, and blog content in collaboration with the GE team.
- Scouting and identifying new business opportunities for which to create proposals: searching procurement sites to identify RFPs which align with Domain7’s service offerings, and partnering with your Domain7 colleagues to qualify these opportunities.
- Conducting interviews and synthesizing notes into drafts: maintaining ongoing conversations with Domain7 project teams while meticulously compiling notes throughout projects for synthesis and publication.
- Dissecting RFP documents for salient information: analyzing the requirements, tone, and backgrounds presented in official and informal RFP documents.
- Preparing overviews, walkthroughs, and guidelines for teams throughout the sales process: collaborating, studying, and informing the GE team throughout project acquisition cycles.
- Sharp, efficient, and diverse writing: you will be writing for audiences across industries through a variety of mediums on tight deadlines—while maintaining Domain7’s voice and brand standards.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline: (English, Communications, Journalism) or equivalent experience.
- An aptitude for technical thought: you’re familiar with basic ideas in web development and digital design, and interested in building a stronger foundational understanding.
- Something published somewhere: whether it’s a blog, agency production material, a published academic paper, or site copy—you’ve written for eyes other than your own, and you’ve done it well.
- Attention to detail: you have a high personal standard in your editing, proofreading, and fact-checking, and take pride in your craftsmanship of quality, polished work.
- Agency experience (bonus): you’ll bring some degree of familiarity with environments in the digital/creative/technological/marketing fields.
How to Apply
To apply, please respond to this posting with your:
- Respond to the questions below in an additional cover letter page
- What interests you most about Domain7? What do you perceive to be our strengths as an organization?
- What interests you most about the Junior Writer position with us and how does it connect to your career goals?
- What experience do you have in writing proposals? We’d love to know what types of involvement you’ve had in participating in selling through writing, including applying for grants, or proposing services.
- In a single sentence, why do you believe we should hire you for this role? Essentially, what makes you the right fit for Domain7?