Domain7 is a digital product and services agency with a vision of making a more empathetic and connected world. Working closely with clients who share collaborative values and a big-picture vision, Domain7 delivers transformative digital experiences, experience design, organizational consulting, products, and systems.
As Domain7’s Writer + Strategist, your job is to turn engagement strategy and pitch angles into compelling copy that drives the acquisition of new business. You’re a strong writer and an independent thinker. Deadlines drive you, precision guides you, and a desire to learn, interpret, and shape your voice through textual practice keeps you engaged and excited. In developing writing materials to support sales, pitches, and advocacy, you will be deploying a range of voices and writing styles to represent technical operations, design philosophies, and interpersonal rhetoric. Your writing will be supported by your in-depth research skills and tactical evaluations.
As part of the Growth & Engagement team, you’ll report to the Director of Growth and participate in business development and marketing activities across the agency. As an intermediate role, this position is ideal for an individual looking to expand on their experience in agency sales and marketing, enhancing their abilities to produce targeted writing and research, and engage in the sales cycle of digital services, design, and product development.
- Developing body content for proposals: write concise, persuasive copy under the direction of the Director of Growth, and deploy curated materials for appropriate situations.
- Performing dedicated research to support proposals, pitches, and case studies: researching client histories, previous projects, and field-specific trends in design, systems, development, and engagement.
- Scouting and identifying new business opportunities for which to create proposals: searching procurement sites to identify RFPs which align with Domain7’s service offerings, and partnering with your Domain7 colleagues to qualify these opportunities.
- Conducting interviews and synthesizing notes into drafts: maintaining ongoing conversations with Domain7 project teams while meticulously compiling notes throughout projects for synthesis and publication.
- Dissecting RFP documents for salient information: analyzing the requirements, tone, and backgrounds presented in official and informal RFP documents.
- Preparing overviews, walkthroughs, and guidelines for teams throughout the sales process: collaborating, studying, and informing the GE team throughout project acquisition cycles.
- Developing longform copy to support marketing campaigns: write case studies, blog content, and brochures in collaboration with the GE team.
- Sharp, efficient, and diverse writing: you will be writing for audiences across industries through a variety of mediums on tight deadlines—while maintaining Domain7’s voice and brand standards.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (English, Communications, Journalism) or equivalent experience.
- Industry experience in digital/creative agencies: You’ll bring a strong familiarity with environments in the digital/creative/technological/marketing fields, including a baseline understanding of digital product design and web development processes, and experience writing proposals in response to RFP’s, RFQ’s and/or RFI’s
- An aptitude for technical thought: you’re familiar with basic ideas in web development and digital design, and interested in building a stronger foundational understanding.
- Interest and experience in the publishing process: ranging from blogging, agency production material, published articles, or site copy—you’ve written for eyes other than your own, and you’ve demonstrated an aptitude for the creation and design of professional, compelling published materials.
- Attention to detail: you have a high personal standard in your editing, proofreading, and fact-checking, and take pride in your craftsmanship of quality, polished work.
Ultimately, if you don’t meet some of the requirements above but still think you can be successful in this role, please still reach out and let us know why!
How to Apply
To apply, please respond to this posting with your:
Ideal samples would be proposals, articles, or marketing assets for which you directly wrote the copy.