Civil Space is an early-stage digital community engagement SaaS platform that helps government and other public service organizations connect with their citizens in the decision-making process. With Civil Space, public organizations can involve their citizens base in the planning process for key community initiatives in as inclusive a manner as possible. Our web-based tools and related services provide cities, counties, provincial, state and federal organizations, educational institutions, and not-for-profit organizations with the tools to inform, consult, involve and collaborate with a diverse group of community members. The impact of Civil Space is more transparency, clarity, trust, and sustainable policy, program, and project development.
As Civil Space’s sales development representative, your mission is to grow, nurture and convert our lead pool in the service of boosting revenue from our product’s recurring subscription fees and the customization, consultation and training services we offer clients. You will source new potential customers, take advantage of the network and inbound leads we’ve already built up and steward relationships with buyers and key stakeholders from a wide variety of government and other public service clients. You, with the support of our marketing, product, and implementation teams, will contact customers, pitch and differentiate our products for sale, negotiate the sale price and provide any requested information or answers to questions that a customer might pose regarding the product. As part of the wider Growth team of our parent company Domain7, you’ll report to the Director of Growth and the CEO of Civil Space, and be a close collaborator and partner with our marketing and growth specialists.
- Become increasingly knowledgeable of our industry (government and public service), our buyers (mostly in communications and external relations divisions), specific challenges we solve (community engagement) and the technical details of how our software and services meets their needs, and how we differentiate from our competitors
- Identify new prospective customers within existing channels, and approaches to generating new leads
- Qualify and prioritize new leads, leveraging and suggesting improvements to content and algorithms with our marketing automation flows
- Ensure leads move through the sales funnel by ensuring you understand and deliver the information, demonstrations, follow-up materials, access, and contract information they need
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss needs
- Emphasize the features of products to highlight how they solve customer problems
- Answer questions about the products
- Negotiate prices and terms and prepare contracts
- Hand-off clients to the implementation team in a manner that ensures a positive client experience
- Report sales-sourced findings about the product, services, marketing and pricing back to the greater team
- Maintain and grow our contact lists and follow up with customers to continue relationships
- General aptitude using Software as a Service (SaaS) products, sitemaps, content management systems (CMS), customer relationship management (CRM) software, spreadsheets, and video conferencing software
- Customer service skills to listen to the needs of a customer so you can identify which Civil Space products and services best meet their needs
- Interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of people each day, building relationships and your network
- Confidence to succeed in cold-calling customers and making a sale
- Communication skills to clearly convey the benefits of a product to potential customers
- Perseverance to cold-call, email, demo, follow-up, create proposal responses for, and identify new channels for potential customers
- Collaboration, to work with the product and marketing teams to help you maximize your capability to sell within the limits of their availability to create features and assets
How to Apply
To apply, please respond to this posting with your CV and a one-page cover letter.