Domain7 is a digital product and services agency with a vision of making a more empathetic and connected world. Working closely with clients who share collaborative values and a big-picture vision, Domain7 delivers digital overhauls, originals, and optimizations to digital presences, products, and systems.
As an Engagement Strategist, you are a leader of leaders - carrying primary responsibility for the health, alignment, and success of partnerships which you lead. The Engagement Strategist is a highly visible presence in all client-facing communication, including presentations, milestone moments, and workshop facilitation; both leading in your own right and supporting other project team members as needed. You ask good questions, are quick to listen, and have a keen sense of project team and partnership alignment. The Engagement Strategist ensures all work we’re engaging in serves partner needs, and delivers business value both for Domain7 and our partners.
Heads up! We’re taking a well-deserved break this season, and looking forward to reviewing your application when we return on January 4th, 2021. Wishing you wonderful holidays!
- Responsible for health of partner relationship, including key partner leads as well as between broader partner stakeholders and D7 teams.
- Responsible for identification of growth opportunities within partnerships, and considering what could be beyond our existing streams of work.
- Responsible for identifying pain points and proactively engaging hard conversations with partners / stakeholders.
- When working alongside Project Managers / Project Coordinators / Product Owners - function as the account lead, acting as trusted advisor to our clients, with access to additional support from senior leaders (e.g. Director of Partnerships, VP Partnerships, People & Culture)
- Proactively develop perspective on industry trends related to partner work.
e.g. Higher Ed - Attend industry events and conferences, both as an attendee and as a speaker or facilitator.
- Maintain understanding of partner business goals, and ensure efforts pursued through the partnership deliver business value both to the client and to D7.
- Support synthesis of outputs from individual disciplines into strategic, direction setting documentation.
- Present own work to clients, and support other team members’ as they present, proactively coaching/mentoring as needed.
Facilitation & Communication
- Facilitate in-project milestone engagements and workshops. (e.g. Partnership kick-offs, organizational discovery, etc.)
- Lead Design Sprints in partnership with other team members.
- Support other team members as they facilitate discipline-specific workshops (e.g. Content Strategy, Brand Discovery etc.) as needed.
- Ensure all client-facing communication meets Domain7 standards, supporting other team members as needed.
With Domain7 Internally
- Support continued growth of Engagement Strategy as a discipline within Domain7, by:
- Participating in leadership of team meetings
- Contributing to shaping and implementing quarterly goals and team benchmarkSupport integration of ES values and practices throughout Domain7, by:
- Coaching team members in project
- Supporting development of tools and frameworks that enhance our work
- Support internal facilitation/workshop design (e.g. D7 retreats, as well as external facing opportunity) as the need arises
- Support sales efforts, inclusive of pitch and presentation of value proposition to potential new client base
- You own holistic business concerns, are mindful of broader contextual considerations and know how to take a step back to see a bigger picture.
- You are a connector, can advocate well for both partner and team needs, and understand the nuances of how to effectively communicate complexity.
- You ‘hold space’ for others / for a room, and have a familiarity with facilitation and design thinking tools and methodologies.
- You possess emotional competency, hold a posture of adaptability, and are comfortable with change - exhibiting a growth mindset.
- You demonstrate clear, precise, and warm communication with confidence and have the capacity to turn tension and hard moments into opportunities for connection and transformation.
How to Apply
To apply, please respond to this posting with your: