Domain7 has developed Civil Space as commercialized technology to help communities better connect and collaborate with their members. Civil Space is a virtual engagement tool that helps build more accessible and inclusive relationships between government organizations and their communities. The Civil Space team includes full-stack developers, visual designers, engagement strategists, product owners, customer support, sales, and marketing staff.
We welcome applications from anywhere in Canada, in particular from those residing in British Columbia.
We’re looking for a React Developer to join our team. You’ll be part of a team responsible for the complete software development lifecycle - from concept to deployment.
- You’re experienced with front-end languages, frameworks, and libraries. As part of the team, you’ll be expected to participate in code reviews, providing feedback, and working alongside other disciplines.
- You’re a proven technical leader and through your past journey, you’ve acquired a deep source of technical knowledge in React and have experience crafting and implementing robust web solutions, and authoring experiences.
- You’re able to think strategically about technical challenges, have capacity to acquire new skills and frequently seek out alternative solutions and techniques to improve what we create. You enjoy working in a highly collaborative team.
Here’s what you’ll spend your time doing each day:
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design to meet business development, customer, and end user needs
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Work with REST APIs, components, and state management
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Adhere to best practices that support code quality, security, and delivery
- Clearly articulate code design choices, and suggest a viable path
- Implement complex features with a large product surface area
- Clearly Communicate technical blockers, progress and decisions clearly and proactively
- Recognize risks or gaps in requirements in tasks spanning weeks
- Participate in scrum ceremonies (Sprint Planning/Reviews, Backlog Prioritization, Daily Standup)
- Ensure work is ready for UAT by due date that meets acceptance criteria
Here’s what we’ll need to see from you in terms of capabilities, approach, and previous experience:
- Proven experience as a React Developer or similar role developing React applications
- Familiarity with APIs and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- An analytical mind and problem solving
- 3+ years in an intermediate developer role
- Experience with continuous integration / deployment, Git and Docker
Desired Skills and Experience
Here are a few things that would be a bonus if you are able to bring to the role, but aren’t essential:
- Experience with and Kubernetes and/or Terraform
- Experience with data architecture and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
Domain7 strives to co-create equitable, accessible, and sustainable communities alongside organizations who prioritize human flourishing - and we strive to be that type of community, too. We strongly encourage applications from persons of various backgrounds, identities, and experiences. We provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation or age or because an applicant or candidate has been convicted of a criminal or a summary conviction offence unrelated to employment.